Today was week two at Club 19 and week two of the In God we Trust? series. I talked about God’s promises and plan for our finances from Psalm 37 using the metaphor of fitness/weight loss. Managing money and weight loss are similar because there is no “easy” way to do either…for all the commercials on tv promising miracle cures the only way to lose weight is to expend more calories than you take in…the only way to be financially fit is to take in more than you put out…both are simple and difficult..and sure to offend someone when you talk about them. God cares more about us being “healthy” financially than our cultural idea of “wealth”. Seventy percent of the world would love to be “poor” in America. Psalms 37:21 The wicked borrow and never repay, but the godly are generous givers. God wants his people to be part of the SOLUTION for America…not part of the problem…
- Check out the actionchurch-o-lantern! (above) Unbelievable. I was wanting to do a logo pumpkin…but the Grows created art…thanks Guys…we will display it with pride!
- The sophomore jinx must be real…or maybe it’s “bad luck” for a certain someone to cut off all their hair:-) but everything went wrong for the service today. Josiah’s Mac is in the shop…I shouldn’t have made fun of him because my pc freaked out and I could not get the video card to communicate with the screens. For a while it looked like we would have three laptops and still not get the main screen to work. Yikes! After much rebooting and frantic prayer my pc decided to work….(Josiah’s command center below)
- We also had a last minute band cancellation. Thanks so much for the guys of Solar Child for stepping in and playing like they had been on the schedule for months. I’m really grateful for their help.
- Allowing questions via txt msg always adds something to the service…I really enjoy the opportunity to be more interactive than “lectur-y”.
- I talked about my pants being too tight in the sermon…and actually ripped them before the service started…I fixed them with duct tape. Duct tape+leg hair= pain!
- Attendance was down from our launch last week but up from the week before at Fat Daddy’s…Club 19 is a great new home for actionchurch.
- I announced that next week we will have the “actionbus” set up as a play area for parents with small children. Parents will be able to watch the service while their children play…
- Lot’s of exciting possibilities popping up for ways to expand as we grow at our great new venue…thanks so much to all of our great Crew for making it happen each week…