It’s about time that you met the wife of the infamous man of action, Josiah Katz. She is an incredible woman that helps lead the Financial Peace University actiongroup and doesn’t like potatoes. Meet the go-to woman at the actionkidz table on Sunday mornings, Rachel Katz!
What do you do here at actionchurch?
- On Sunday mornings, mostly actionkidz check-in and leading actionkidz with Josiah. I’m often the runner to go to Weis or home to get something someone forgot.
How did you first get involved?
- I got married and I needed to get involved. I started the baby/toddler section of actionkidz.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- The community and the people because that’s what the most important thing is about a church.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- I’m the Service Adviser for my father-in-law’s auto repair shop.
What are your hobbies?
- I like to start crafts, not really finish them. I like to cook, bake, and entertain.
Do you have a favorite band that plays at actionchurch?
- Farewell Flight
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- We were making cake pops for the actionchurch’s fourth birthday party. He put the icing in the microwave even though it had the foil on and it burst into flames!
How has actionchurch changed you?
- It has pushed me out of my comfort zone. I was raised in a family church and now I work to make friends at church.
Do you have a favorite scripture or some words of wisdom that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:17-18 NIV)
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!