He is the wonderful father of two girls and loves volunteering with actionkidz. I am pleased to introduce you to our featured father this week in honor of Father’s Day, Steve Warrington!
What do you do here at actionchurch?
- I unload the van and work in actionkidz once a month.
How did you first get involved?
- I just came one morning at 8:30 to help out. We first came here two years ago when actionchurch was at Club 19.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- The people, especially the kids.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- I work at McCormick as a business systems manager, working in sales and IT.
What are your hobbies?
- Golf. I like music. I don’t play it, but like listening. I’m a good listener.
Is there anything quirky about you?
- No, I’m a simple man. “Quirkily simple.”
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- My favorite moment was an e-mail he sent me after I gave him a spice blend. The subject line of the e-mail was, “Thanks for the cowboy rub.”
How has actionchurch changed you?
- I like church.
Do you have a favorite scripture or some words of wisdom that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- My favorite scripture beats me up and convicts me everyday.
- 3 Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4 do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. (Phil. 2:3-4 NASB)
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!
SPOILER ALERT: Next week, we will be featuring Michelle Record’s father to continue the Father’s Day celebration!