Mother’s Day was this past Sunday, so in honor of all mothers, we decided to interview what some would call the Mother of actionchurch. She does many things including coordinating actionkidz, but most notably, she puts up with being the wife of Pastor Don. I am pleased to introduce the multi-talented Michele Record!
- I help with actionkidz and the check-in for that. I have a few odds and ends roles. (Reagan, her daughter, who was present for this interview, eagerly shouted: “She talks to people,” clearly a very important role to the life of actionchurch.)
What was the hardest thing about starting a church?
- Starting it. Fear keeps people from doing their hopes and dreams. You just got to go for it and do it.
What is it like to be a pastor’s wife?
- Interesting. Never dull.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- Homeschool Reagan and run lots of errands.
Do you have any hobbies or something quirky about you?
- I have more quirkiness than space for you to write. I love to read.
Tell us about Hello Kitty, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and Smurf Village, and why they are important to you.
- Hello Kitty: I loved as a little girl. I like fun things and I’m not a serious person.
- Pillsbury Dough Boy: There is a picture of me when I was 6 holding a Pillsbury dough boy. I was born with an odd love of the Pillsbury Dough Boy and there are thousands of blue eyes around my house because of him. It sort of freaks people out sometimes.
- Smurf Village: My village is how I kind of relax. It’s working for an intended purpose. It’s frivalous and stupid but something I can go to in order to take relax my mind. But, it backfires because I will get really serious about the village.
The ladies of actionchurch want to know how you can be such an incredible baker and keep such a fabulous figure.
- The secret is that I work my butt off. I exercise an hour and forty minutes a day.
Josiah Katz asks, what is your secret for keeping your carpets so soft?
- I never let anyone in my home. *laughing* I use to love the TV show Trading Places before church and Reagan were a part of my life. They recommended that you vacuum your carpet twice a week. So, I’ve been doing that for sixteen years. It’s the same carpet. I like to try things to see if they work, like a myth buster to see if something is right or not. This definitely worked.
How many years have you and Don really been married, since he is so vague about it?
- 22 years!
Can you tell us a story that will humble Don?
- He is humbled every week. I’ll let him do that himself. I plead the fifth.
Do you have a favorite scripture or some words of wisdom that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- When I need to be conscious and think about myself and what I’m doing,
“10 So then, as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good [morally] to all people [not only being useful or profitable to them, but also doing what is for their spiritual good and advantage]. Be mindful to be a blessing, especially to those of the household of faith [those who belong to God’s family with you, the believers].” (Galatians 6:10 AMP)
- When I am frazzled and am looking for peace,
“3 You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!” (Isaiah 26:3 NLT)
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!