She helps set-up and tear down behind-the-scenes at actionchurch and is super excited to give birth this summer. In honor of Mother’s Day coming up on Sunday, I want to introduce to you a soon-to- be mom, Mercedes Noldon!
- I do the merchandise table and help with the signs. I also host the Book Club. I use to help load the truck, but can’t anymore because of the baby.
How did you first get involved?
- I heard about it from a friend and brought Tyler here when we were dating. [They have now been married a year and a half.]
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- I like that people can come and grow spiritually without being judged.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- I am a home health nurse.
What are your hobbies?
- Reading and learning to be handy and do other domestic things.
Is there anything quirky about you?
- My choices of music are often considered strange. One day I might be listening to the 80s, Madonna or Cyndi Lauper. Then completely change to Billie Holiday or B-52s. Never know!
What has been the neatest design you’ve seen of an actionchurch series?
- The retro 50s one that Tyler did.
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- Don married Tyler and I. There was also a month where he brought up prostitutes and pies every week.
How has actionchurch changed you?
- It’s allowed me to look more in myself and be more accountable with things I do. I think about how I look in God’s eyes and look outside of myself to help the community.
Other than Jesus Christ, which biblical figure would you want to have dinner with?
- Since it’s Mother’s Day, Mary, Jesus’ mother. She had a difficult and important role in the Bible.
Do you have a favorite scripture or some words of wisdom that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- “6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV)
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!
SPOILER ALERT: Mother’s Day is this Sunday, so we will feature someone who many would call the mother of actionchurch, Michele Record!