Happy Fathers Day. Today I spoke about Jesus calming the storm in Matthew 8:23-27. I talked about the fact that “Storms Happen”. You don’t get any “closer to Jesus” than actually being in the boat with him. There are times when it seems like “Jesus is asleep” but if you want to be sure that you will “get to the other side” the key is not to try to get Jesus to get into your boat…It is to get into the Boat with Jesus..
- The Shakedown on stage for the very first (but not the last) time. I really dig this band…their style is hard to explain (Happy hardcore??) but they rock. People actually were yelling for an encore after the service ended…pretty cool. Just a great band that was really great to work with.
- I am so proud of the actionchurch team(s) at Relay. I announced the final tally- Over $3000 raised for the American Cancer Society. Over 300 lbs of ice shaved and turned into delicious (FREE!) sno-cones for the crowd. …hundreds of miles walked…lots of tired feet soothed in our foot spa area… thousands of trips down the big firetruck slide at the event…AC Allstars on stage. The chance to let our community know that we care about them…priceless!
- One of my favorite proverbs…14:4 “Without oxen a stable stays clean” or as I like to think of it..”If you are actually accomplishing anything there will be crap to clean up!” We are getting lots of stuff done at actionchurch…there is crap to clean up. We could have a nice neat church if we were willing to be small and inward focused but Jesus said it is the sick that need a doctor. I have at least one really uncomfotablee meeting to have this week but It is a small price to pay for having a church actually on the move. (I’ll blog more about this “crap” tomorrow)
- Great crowd today…I truly thought we would be down on attendance this week after all the people out at Relay all weekend.
- I also thought we would be down on volunteers this weekend…I was completely wrong. We actually had more people than ever…thanks!
- I’m looking forward to Baptisms next week!
- I’m gonna get off the computer and enjoy a Fathers Day nap?!
Here’s an “at the shore” pic of some actionkidz under the “palm tree”.