Another new member of the hospitality crew, this guy loves to smile. His high school friends even nicknamed him “Smiles.” When Pastor Don said that the actionchurch hospitality team can beat any other church’s hospitality team in a street fight, he wasn’t kidding and this guy is the reason why. Learn more about this positive, upbeat ninja of the crew, Aaron Shenk!
What do you do here at actionchurch?
- I pick things up and put them down. I also greet people at the door.
How did you first get involved?
- Leroy Kling, my co-worker and fellow actionchurcher, invited me. I started helping out at Relay for Life when Josiah Katz taught me the art of shaved ice.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- How the message relates to modern life so we can put it to action.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- I provide desktop support and programming for a cellphone refurbishment plant.
What are your hobbies?
- Training in Kung Fu for almost three years, country line dancing, watching NASCAR, and mixed martial arts. (Seriously. Nothing says actionchurch like that combination of hobbies. No, really, please read that list again…)
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- When he said, “Being a Christian is like being a NASCAR fan. Everyone feels like it’s acceptable to pick on you.”
How has actionchurch changed you?
- I use to be an Easter and Christmas Christian. I feel like actionchurch has brought me closer to God and got me to talk to God more.
Do you have a favorite scripture or some words of wisdom that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- “27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27 NKJV)