Today was the final week of the Summer at the Shore series. I talked about what you can expect if you become a follower of Jesus. (John 21) Final week of the Series…final week for Clean Slate…
Here’s the highlights…
- Awesome set from Clean Slate. I had them do five songs today. They started off with “Calm before the Storm” a Staind Cover “Everything Changes” “Open your eyes” and then a Seether cover “Rise above the this” They closed out the day with “Believe”. We are really gonna miss them. I invited Dave and Chris to play when they get their new project together… I hope they will.
- This was a very complex morning…lots going on. Five Songs…two videos…and Josiah was on vacation. Everything went great…thanks Rob for a great fill-in job on video.
- Lot’s of the normal “crew” on vacation…thanks to everyone who came to help set up…and tear down. We were actually up and running as early as we have ever been finished. I am really happy with how much “depth” we are getting in our volunteer base.
- Great crowd again…even with so many people gone on vacation. June has probably been our best month yet for attendance…go figure. actionchurch folks have never heard of the “summer slump”
- I am looking forward to starting the new “at the movies” series…I don’t know that I will do another “5-week” series any time soon…I have about “zero” attention span.
- I probably talked about more personal “experience with Jesus” stuff than I have…but I want our people to know that I am on the “journey” with them…I’m certainly not “there”.
- Thanks to everyone that continues to invite your friends, invest your cash, and be involved at actionchurch…you are the reason we are able to do what we do!
I have many boats I have jumped out of, and some I need to jump out of. Not to mention the few that I feel like I crashed into a rock. I feel like I am blessed to be able to know when I need to ask God for guidance, instead of thinking I’m good on my own. I’m also glad I have a place I can go weekly to get my tuneup so to speak. The band was great, and as always I get a lot to think about from the message. Thanks again for offering the place to go that isn’t all boring and stuff.