We’ve got another full weekend planned for you this week at actionchurch. On Saturday, (8am-5pm) we’re having our second work day in our future venue- actionchurch for North York. (36 W 11th ave. York PA 17401). Last week, actionchurch volunteers moved mountains of debris and demolished anything that stood in the way of constructing new areas to Love God, Love people, and take action on Sunday mornings…and all through the week. This Saturday they are going to do it again! Need details? Contact email@example.com. Here’s a little taste of what was accomplished last week. Thanks SO much to everyone who made it possible!
On Sunday, we’re continuing the “How to build an Idol” series by doing something we ALL love to do- Give “free advice” to people in charge. If you’ve ever said the words “If I was in charge I’d___________?” about anyone from your supervisor at work, to the President of the United States, this week is for you! In addition to learning how not to totally screw up any leadership position you may have (or EVER have in the future), we’ll talk about a strange way of choosing and developing leaders that actionchurch learned from something Jesus said when his chosen leadership team began to argue about “Who was ‘in charge’?”.
So, that’s your weekend plans, and by the way, we also have Silver City Rodeo as our musical guests and all the normal food and fun that makes actionchurch ANYTHING but a normal Sunday morning at church! We look forward to seeing you at Frank Theaters Queensgate- 10:30 am (DIRECTIONS), and as usual, the actionkidz crew has a fantastic hour of learning and fun planned for your kids (infant to 6th grade) as well.
Sunday is a can’t-miss week at actionchurch. Here’s five reasons why I think you should make plans to attend now…
1. We’re just getting warmed up in “The Moment” series. This week Steve Warrington is going to be sharing how to RE-act to the “God Moment” that Ezra described. If you’ve been there on a week Steve preached…you’ll be there Sunday…if you haven’t, you’re in for a treat. It’s gonna be special.
2. This week is the kick-off of this years Relay for Life extravaganza! Kenna is going to share the AMAZING opportunity (dare I say it…a God Moment) that we have this year to serve some very deserving folks in our community. June 21-22. Sign-ups are starting…Team leaders are standing by. It’s a 24 hour opportunity to take action…that somehow turns into a party. :-) Every year we are challenged and stretched. Every year actionchurch folks do amazing things. Every year God “shows up” and turns our efforts into something truly remarkable.
3. We’ve got the Clean Slate on stage providing the metal-marinated rock & roll. These guys were the original band to play actionchurch on opening day…and it’s always special when they return. I’m just a slight bit jealous that Steve gets to follow them with the sermon…but I wouldn’t miss being there Sunday for the world.
4. actionkidz. I keep hearing again and again from kids like yours. They’re amazed that they actually enjoyed church. We have a great children’s ministry crew, and they truly make actionkidz the best part of actionchurch.
5. T-shirt Sunday!!!! (it’s sort of become a high holy day at actionchurch). :-)This Sunday is the week that this years line of actionchurch t’s goes on Sale. We’ve got some seriously exciting designs again this year…and ALL proceeds go to fund our efforts at Relay for Life. You can look good…and DO GOOD at the same time. As always, sizes are limited, and when they are gone they are gone. Get there Sunday to make sure that you get the one that fits YOU!
As always there will also be loads of yummy Maple Donuts, Muffins, Bagels, Hot Coffee, water, and great actionchurch people to hang with. It all starts at 10:30 am at Frank Theaters Queensgate (Directions).
This week in the third part of the “Fight or Flight” series, Rich Haas will be teaching us how to fight (or is it flee?) loneliness. You may wonder, is loneliness a big problem in 2013 America? It it even possible to be lonely anymore? Aren’t there more people on the planet than ever before? Doesn’t everyone have hundreds of “friends” on Facebook now? How can loneliness still be a problem? I think the answer may not only surprise you…but also enlighten you to a MUCH bigger problem that each of us will face this year.
If you’ve heard Rich speak at actionchurch you know you are in for a treat, if you haven’t, let me say that I am personally looking forward to learning from what he has prepared for us this weekend. This weekend we’ll also have more opportunities to put what we learn about loneliness into action and join an actiongroup (Marian will share the details!) We’ll also be debuting new music from FairFox, and actionkidz has another great week planned in their “What’s in the Bible” teaching series. As always there will also be loads of yummy Maple Donuts, Muffins, Bagels, Hot Coffee, water, and great actionchurch people to hang with. It all starts at 10:30 am at Frank Theaters Queensgate (Directions).
This Sunday is week two of the Fight or Flight series, and we’ll be taking on some of the biggest questions and difficulties that you will face if your intent is to be a follower of Jesus in 2013. Even more importantly, we’ll learn from scripture about a hidden danger that has the power to trap you and ruin not only this year… but your future prospects as well. How we learn these lessons this week will take us on a strange journey from the Apostle Paul…to Brent Mussberger…to kitchen utensils…in TYPICAL actionchurch fashion. I don’t think you’ll want to miss this week…because the podcast doesn’t have pictures. :-)
This week will feature some excellent Symphony of Sound music, and actionkidz has another great week planned in their “What’s in the Bible” teaching series. As always there will also be loads of yummy Maple Donuts, Muffins, Bagels, Hot Coffee, water, and great actionchurch people to hang with. It all starts at 10:30 am at Frank Theaters Queensgate (Directions).
Have you ever been in a situation that triggered your “Fight or Flight” response? Have you ever heard a loud noise in the middle of the night? Recovered from a skid after your vehicle hit an invisible patch of ice? Narrowly miss being hit by a Garbage truck because you had your new Christmas-gift headphones cranked so loud you could hear it? Remember how your heart thumped in your chest? Remember how your muscles were tense, and your adrenaline glands flooded your system? Remember how you felt ready to run away at top speed…or turn and take on a samurai-sword wielding attacker?
God designed our bodies with an amazing danger-response system. Unfortunately, many dangers in life-2013 aren’t as clear cut as a slow-moving garbage truck or a samurai- sword wielding attacker. It’s difficult to know what is REALLY a danger. It’s difficult many other times to know if we should run away from a situation…or stay and fight on. Fortunately, scripture has some brilliant insight on things we should run from…and things we should fight. We’ll be exploring some of them that I think will be truly helpful to all of us as we start a new year during the month of January. We’ll get started Sunday…Bring a someone new to be part of this brand new sermon Series.
This week will feature music from Jake Lewis, and actionkidz has another great week planned in their “What’s in the Bible” teaching series. As always there will also be loads of yummy Maple Donuts, Muffins, Bagels, Hot Coffee, water, and great actionchurch people to hang with. It all starts at 10:30 am at Frank Theaters Queensgate (Directions).