As a (library) scientist, I have found that at least 98% of all friendships made at actionchurch happen in actiongroups. So, quit being lonely, join an actiongroup, and make some friends today!
We have TEN amazing groups to choose from. What’s your flavor?
If you like to be active, stay healthy, and/or workout, you may enjoy:
- A-Fit – Workout with friends early on Saturday mornings at John Rudy Park with your “coach” Darin Boling!
- Walk & Talk – Nettie Bull is committed to walking four days a week. Join her for some casual fellowship while you walk a few miles at York Township Park on Tuesdays at 5:00pm and Wednesdays at 6:00pm.
If you want to make some friends of the same gender, you may enjoy:
- Men of Action – For men, by men. Eating breakfast in fellowship at 8:30a.m. on the first Saturdays of the month led by Johnny Shearer.
- Women’s Group – The ladies are studying Malachi by Lisa Harper at Bonnie McBride’s house every Sunday at 6:00p.m.
If you like to study the Bible (via video or book study), you may enjoy:
- Starting Point – Join this casual conversation group looking at Andy Stanley’s Starting Point series about where we start as Christians. Great for those who are curious about the Christian faith or just starting out. We’ll be meeting at James McBride’s house on Wednesdays at 7:00p.m.
- 40 Days – Join Matt & Jennifer Burr as you study the newly revised Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Surrounded by the Lenten season, this group will meet on the fourth Sunday of each month to discuss the readings you can do on your own.
- Insights – Meeting on Thursdays at 7:00p.m., Bill and Denise host an “insightful” study at their home. Their motto: “We don’t just meet during the week, we do life together!“
If you are looking to hang out with someone your age, you may enjoy:
- Student Ministry – For the middle and high schoolers to meet every Wednesday at 6:30p.m. Fun, games, and a little Bible lesson; you’ll get to hang out with Josiah & Rachel at their place.
- Young Adults – If you’re 18-29, check out this group that likes to meet up for random fun get-togethers as well as serving opportunities. This group tries to meet monthly, so join their actiongroup today to learn about what new events are happening soon.
Finally, if you’re just looking for an honestly marvelous group that likes to spend some time serving others, you’ll definitely want to check out:
- actioncorp – Our fearless leader, Kenna Schaller, is organizing meet-ups on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30p.m. to plan serving opportunities. Focusing on “taking action,” this group will also hear about serving opportunities as they become available throughout the month.
If you are looking for a more informative list of our Spring 2014 actiongroups, check out our actiongroups page!
Excited? Ready to sign-up RIGHT NOW?!? Just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll make sure to get your sign-up to the right leader or answer any questions you may have. All actiongroups are subject to start in February, so make sure to sign-up soon!