She is a hard-working mother of three who helps organize the Kids Play actiongroup, meet Shannon Garcia!
What do you do here at actionchurch?
- I help in the infant/baby room with my mom.
How did you first get involved?
- I had to leave my old church because I had offended them. I was at the York Fair when I saw the actionchurch tent before actionchurch even began, got coffee, and met Don & Michele. It felt like it was meant to be. When we were at Fat Daddy’s, there was a need in the kids’ area and I started volunteering.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- The fact that they do things and don’t hoard the money. They put the money into action. My family is accepted here despite our financial, racial, and economical situation.
What are your hobbies?
- I take care of my kids, so I have no hobbies left.
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- I liked it when they silly stringed him on April Fool’s Day
How has actionchurch changed you?
- It has really allowed me to reconnect after my bad experience with organized religion. My previous church could have broken my relationship with God, but actionchurch is so different and has emphasized that my relationship with God is personal and can be rebuilt.
Do you have a favorite scripture or some words of wisdom that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- “Love God, Love People, and Take Action!”
We are winding down with the last couple interviews this year, so that means it’s about time to interview Pastor Don Record and Josiah Katz! If you have any interview question suggestions for their interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!