What do you do here at actionchurch?
- I teach the three to five year olds. We do a series that teaches them about God and loving God.
How did you first get involved?
- I started coming at about the third week that it was open. I offered to help out where ever I can and I started volunteering with the nursery until actionkidz expanded.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- The laid back and fun atmosphere. It’s a church that is open to people who are not use to going to church or don’t like to go to church.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- I’m a Veterinarian Technician.
What are your hobbies?
- I like sports, racing, and dogs. I have three dogs of my own.
Our last series was about “but God” moments, do you have a “but God” moment you could share?
- When I was looking for a church, I didn’t have a computer, a TV, or a newspaper. But, I got the Sunday paper on the day that happened to feature an interview with Don. He had just started talking about actionchurch and he had mentioned something about NASCAR. I thought it sounded like a good church and I could relate to someone who also enjoyed racing like me.
Has Josiah made you cry?
- No. He’s made me laugh.
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- When we were at Club 19, he made pop tarts during his sermon and started to throw them out to the audience. I use that story whenever I tell people about actionchurch so they can see how cool he can be.
Do you have a favorite scripture that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- “ 10 He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.'” (Psalm 46:10 NIV)
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!
SPOILER ALERT: Garrett and Rachel Snyder will be interviewed in the next two weeks. Let us know if you have any questions specifically for them! :)