Today we’re going to meet a couple that is part of the actionkidz crew that have been with actionchurch since the very first service! Remember, the actionchurch crew has many dedicated volunteers that work together to put on actionkidz each week. Let me introduce you to two of them, Deb & Dave Allison!
What do you do here at actionchurch?
- We volunteer with the 0-4 year old group of actionkidz.
What’s your favorite part of working with actionkidz?
- We enjoy taking care of the kids because we take care of our 15-month-old grandson. We also enjoy watching them grow through the years.
How did you first get involved?
- Deb first saw something in the newspaper about actionchurch meeting at Fat Daddy’s and we have been here since the first service.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- The friendly atmosphere and the way that Pastor Don can get the Word across to people, almost like a stand-up comedian.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- Dave takes care of his grandson full-time so that his daughter can work as a teacher. Deb has worked for the city of York for 39 years. She is the financial manager of waste water treatment.
What are your hobbies?
- Deb loves to do scrapbooking, making greeting cards, and stamping. Dave has collected Winross trucks for 30 years and has about 700 in his collection.
We’ll be celebrating our 4th birthday with a 3-D showing of Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace. Do you have a favorite Star Wars character and why are they your favorite?
- Dave’s favorite character is C-3PO because his robotic movements are funny. Deb likes Princess Leia because of her hairstyles.
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- I think it was the first week when he misspoke and accidentally said “fart”.
Do you have a favorite scripture that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- “6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:6-9)
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below!
(SPOILER ALERT: Next week, I’ll be interviewing Bill and Denise Snyder to finish up the last two weeks of February.)