I’m gonna throw out some stuff that we are working on/thinking about to create more seating for our guests on Sunday morning. First of all, there are still plenty of seats available…no need to stay home to “free up some seats for others”. We are consistently growing though, and the seats available are becoming more scattered and in less desirable places in the club. Although “preachers and bands” like to “play to a packed house”…being completely full is not comfortable for our guests…especially if they arrive late and have stand in the back. As we head into the fall this will increasingly become a problem. We are working to created more empty seats in the best possible locations. Here’s some ideas we are working on…
- Replacing tables with more seating. I love having tables available…but as we grow we are going to have to probably remove/reposition them. I don’t like this option but it may happen.
- Invest in technology (IMAG) to put an image of the band and my wildly handsome face up on the screens so that no matter where someone sits they will be able to see. (hearing on Sunday morning is not a problem…) …this option will increase our capacity greatly…but we do not currently have the funds to do it.
- (Eventually) a second service. …I think 11am is the earliest that our actionchurch peeps or bands would want to show up (and the set up crew is already there at 8am)… so it would probably have to be at 1pm… maybe we would call it the “Hangover Service” not sure about that time slot.
- (More bars in more places)… our vision has always been to be in multiple locations…this is the longest term option…and no…actionchurch locations will probably not all be bars or nightclubs.
Am I missing something? I would love to hear your idea on how we could comfortably serve more people on Sunday mornings…
I’ll close with two true-but completely contradictory statements.
- We are already planning, preparing, and praying about how to take actionchurch to the “next level” as we continue to grow.
- I have not a freakin‘ clue what exactly is going to happen…that’s in God’s hands. (Don’t worry…this time last year I had no idea how or where to start a church (seriously)…and now we are trying to figure out how to best deal with actionchurch’s growth.) God is Good!