I’m actually going to “celebrate” much of Independence Day by working, but that doesn’t mean I am not thinking about what this day means. As simple and as unsophisticated as it may be, I really want to say Thanks…
- for allowing me to work where and how I think will best provide for my family.
- for allowing me to worship freely.
- for allowing me the freedom to express my opinions and beliefs even if when they are not popular. (or even particularly well stated)
- for allowing me access to information of all kinds., Good, Bad, Silly or Inspired.
- for allowing me to gather my friends, family, and neighbors together to do this thing we call “church”.
Finally I am thankful to be born here, in America, for “such a time as this”.