Some would say he’s addicted to coffee, and Relay for Life didn’t quite counter that theory. He also happens to eat a lot of peanut butter and is a self-proclaimed chocoholic! In fact, he puts away a jar of peanut butter in about three days and has NEVER said the words “too much chocolate” ever. He believes everything about him is quirky, just ask his kids! Read below to learn more about the guy that leads the Mountain Biking actiongroup and hopes to kick off a Men’s actiongroup soon, Johnny Shearer!
What do you do here at actionchurch?
- I just carry out whatever I can.
How did you first get involved?
- I asked Josiah for a job and he gave me one. I got to know him better when we were in the Financial Peace University actiongroup.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- The community. We came from a large church where it was hard to get to know people and get involved.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- I am a coffee roaster.
What are your hobbies?
- Mountain bikes and road bikes.
Do you have a favorite band that plays at actionchurch?
- Photoside Cafe
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- We went out to dinner with them once. When we left, their car wouldn’t start and we went to K-Mart five minutes before they closed and we had to run to the back of the store to get what we needed.
How has actionchurch changed you?
- I think I was a Sunday-only Christian sometimes before. The community and involvement here has made me mindful for Monday through Saturday as well.
Do you have a favorite scripture or some words of wisdom that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- Be excellent to each other.
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!