She’s the behind-the-scenes woman organizing many of actionchurch’s outreach and community events. She’s a force to be reckoned with as the mother of three boys. Today, I’d like to introduce you to Kenna Schaller!
What do you do here at actionchurch?
- I have the best job here at actionchurch. I am the actionchurch party planner and I get to work closely with Michelle Record.
What is your favorite actionchurch event?
- Relay is a huge event for me, but my favorite was when we collected coats for kids in Club 19. We collected so many that the coat rack fell over!
How did you first get involved?
- I started in the kids area when I saw there was a need. Once actionchurch began and I saw that Don and Michelle could use a helping hand, I did the kids’ activities.
What is your favorite thing about actionchurch?
- Everyone is accepted here. You don’t have to try to be something you’re not.
What do you do outside of actionchurch?
- I like to read, walk, and am involved in my kids’ sports activities. We like to camp a lot too.
Has Josiah made you cry?
- No, but I’ve made him cry when he didn’t win the scavenger hunt at the picnic.
What is the most memorable moment you have of Pastor Don?
- When he gave out the light bulbs at Christmas, he said something along the lines of, “They remind of actionchurch people, not too bright.”
How has actionchurch changed you?
- It has made me question everything I’ve believed before. Don encourages you to grow each Sunday.
Do you have a favorite scripture that you would like to share with the people of actionchurch?
- “22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
- 27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
- 32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Luke 12:22-34 NIV)
Here are some upcoming events to mark your calendars:
- June 22-23: Relay for Life
- July 29: Annual Picnic
If you have any interview question suggestions for future actionchurch crew member interviews, comment below, on Facebook, or tweet @actionchurch!