Wow, Relay is only a little over a week away (June 13th-14) I’m going to use this post to keep everyone updated on the event. I will link here from the website and the newsletter and add any new information that comes up between now and the event. Thanks to everyone that is walking and raising money for the even…you guys rock!!!
- Sponsor packets and donations are due Sunday June 8th. If for some reason you will not be there Sunday please email Michele at email@example.com and she will make other arrangements to get your donations turned in before Relay.
- The Relay starts at 4 pm Friday and runs through 4 pm Saturday the 14th.
- The event is held at West York High school track. (1800 Bannister Street, York)
- If you know the approximate time you will be coming to relay sign up with Michele on Sunday.
- Our biggest need for volunteers at this moment is on Saturday from 8am to 3pm to work at the “bounce house slide thingee” we are donating for the kids to play on. (Volunteers need to just make sure the line moves and no one gets in the inflatable with a ninja sword, javelin, etc… basically watch kids go down a huge slide.)
- If you have an actionchurch T-shirt we would love to see lots of them at the Relay.
- Speaking of actionchurch t-shirts…they are still on sale until the event for $12 with all proceeds going to relay. (looks like we are going to raise around $800 just from the sale of shirts-Thank you!)
- We are bringing t-shirts to the event if you missed a chance toget one.
- Bring a jacket if you are walking at night…don’t know the weather yet but last year I had 4 actionchurch shirts on at about 3 in the morning…I wasn’t prepared.
- The actionchurch tent will be set up at the event stop by and hang out. Michele and I will be there for the entire 24 hours and are looking forward to getting to know everyone. better.
Update: Looks like we have raised over $2700.00 to go to help people in our area with cancer so far! Way to go actionchurch…I love being part of a church that is barely 4 months old that instead of just worrying about “surviving” is generously caring for others in the community. You guys rock!