- We have a great venue like Fat Daddy’s nightclub…it’s “just a building” but I think it exactly the right building to launch our Sunday mornings. I am really grateful to the staff and crew at the club for taking a chance and allowing some “crazy followers of Jesus” to invade their building!
- We have sound and lighting covered! Great sound and lighting are so important (and expensive) and we actually have a pro willing to get up early on Sunday morning and make sure we rock…amazing (Thanks Jake!)
- Our children’s ministry area (actionkidz) is becoming reality! Yvonne is designing our “crew” character artwork, Jeff and Chrissie actually “see” how to make children’s ministry happen on a dance floor, and Bob and Joan are actually painting up two of their race cars with our actionkidz logo and characters to bring to community events and promote actionkidz….Simply amazing.
- It’s amazing the people who have “bought into” the dream of actionchurch with their time and money without ever “seeing” anything like what God is about to do in York County…
- …that a bunch of “non-professionals” from the “island of misfit toys” can bring a message of eternal hope to the ten’s of thousands of our neighbors “disenfranchised” by the local church. Simply amazing.
- We still need more people to help clean, set up, and welcome our guests on Sunday morning(s).
- We need quite a few items for our children’s area. We will be posting a “Baby Shower” link for Walmart or Target later in the week.
- We are still need (3) 50′ monitors, cables, and a new laptop for video (2 for the main gathering and one for actionkidz.) I will post a list of equipment we still need later in the week also.
- Still looking for the “right” actionchurch “House Band”…I think we are getting closer (I think).
- Looking for more opportunities and volunteers to serve our community before launch.
The good news…
9 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed him.
10 Later, Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. 11 But when the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with such scum?” 12 When Jesus heard this, he said, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” Mathew 9:9-12