- One of the most common questions people ask me about starting a Church in a Nightclub right after “What were you smoking?” is “What makes you think this will be successful?”
Here’s the big answer… I don’t know. There are no guarantees or warranties when you are operating in the realm of faith and “following God”.
Here’s what I do know:
- This is exactly the kind of the thing that Jesus did…reach out to the disenfranchised, and anger the religious “experts”.
- The story of the Bible is repeatedly made up of “nobodies” doing great things when they followed their creator. (We’re all volunteers at actionchurch“)
- If this whole thing doesn’t “succeed” I will be the “biggest idiot” in York county…
- If this whole thing “does succeed” I will still be the “biggest idiot” in York county…I just had the courage to listen to God and put it into action. (and of course picked a great team to actually pull this “long shot” off.)
- Right now people that never imagined themselves as church goers are questioning whether Jesus is who they thought he was, and if church has to be the irrelevant activity they think it is…that’s kind of the point. Isn’t it?