We just reserved a spot for the “big black tent” in the York Fair. We will be located right across from the 105.7 “the X” (link) tent. I’m excited about that…105.7 is my favorite station so at least I know we should have some good tunes playing at the tent.
What we know:
- The York Fair is Sept 7-16th this year (link)
- The Concert line-up this year is awesome. Daughtry, Hinder, Carrie Underwood, Trace Adkins etc. (link) I really,really, really, want to see Daughtry…
- We will be serving Free Coffee and Hot Chocolate, and giving away actionchurch balloons and invite cards (for our 11.11.07 “test-drive” service)
What we’re working on:
- How do you serve great free coffee to over 600,000 people?
- How many people will it take to staff the tent for over 80 hours we plan to be “open”. (To be honest, more than we have right now.)
- How much will it cost? (More than we have right now.)
Why we would even want to attempt this:
- In order to connect with people who normally don’t go to church, we must go where churches normally don’t go…
- It’s an actionchurch “tradition” to do events that are some how “out of our league”! (link)
- 600,000+ people who will attend the Fair this year, many of them have not been introduced to a church that engaged them enough to attend. All of them need to meet a “church of action” who wants to meet them, and put a great cup of coffee in their hands…no strings attached.
Got any answers? Are you part of the “Solution” ? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for more updates!